Epoxy countertops are very easy to maintain. They can be easily washed off with soap and water just like normal countertops. They also have the benefit of being water resistant, so they don’t soak in spills and begin breeding bacteria.
- Granite surfaces are porous, which makes them hard to clean and susceptible to bacteria and food stains. Granite must be sealed regularly for proper maintenance. Additionally, granite is costly to move from one place to another which can add to the overall cost.
- Epoxy, compared to granite, offers a non-porous surface with high durability that promises longevity.
- Marble is porous and can stain very easily. Marble is vulnerable to mustard, vinegar, citrus, and other household acids. These substances can remove natural polish and make the marble look dull. Additionally, marble, like granite, needs to be sealed regularly in order to protect the surface.
- Epoxy, on the other hand, can give you a marble-like look (if that’s what you want) while being highly resistant to heat, scratches, and other types of regular wear and tear.
When done right, epoxy countertops provide a long-lasting and durable surface. Their non-porous nature means they’re resistant to moisture. The material is also resistant enough to heat up to 500 degrees, although you still need to use common sense and not place hot pots and pans on it.
The Advantages of Epoxy
- Epoxy offers dielectric properties and robust corrosion resistance that makes it one of the strongest materials in the market for residential projects.
- Epoxy has a high bonding strength.
- Epoxy is highly resistant to chemicals and other products like Alcohol, Acetic acid, and Diesel oil. Additionally, epoxy has a strong resistance to other chemical products, which makes it a perfect choice for a number of residential and commercial projects. Moreover, epoxy is also scratch resistant. Its resistance to chemical products and wear and tear makes it a durable choice for kitchen countertops, bathroom showers, and floors.
- Epoxy is easy to install compared to other conventional materials used for home remodeling.
- With epoxy, you don’t have to worry about maintenance all the time; it is easy to clean and maintain through regular cleaning methods that do not require much time, energy, or money.
- Epoxy coatings come in a number of design patterns that give you a lot of options for your kitchen or bathroom remodel.